The resveratrol is a natural chemical compound that we find in the grapes skins and in some other food products such as berries and peanuts.
It is a kind of polyphenol, that is an antioxidant that it is said to have health benefiting properties .
The resveratrol is found at a higher concentration in the grapes used to make red wine in comparison with the grapes used to make white winebecause the grapes used to make red wine are fermented together with their skins and seed, what allows the resveratrol to be transferred to the wine.
Therefore, the moderate intake of red wine can give benefits to our health due to its resveratrol content, such us:
1. Antioxidant properties: The resveratrol can help to protect our cells from free radical damage, what can reduce the risk of chronic diseases like cancer or cardiovascular illnesses.
2. Reduction of swelling: It is proven that the resveratrol reduces the inflammation in our body, what can help to prevent chronic inflammatory diseasses like arthritis or inflammatory bowel disease.
3. Improves cardiovascular helath: The resveratrol can low blood pressure and bad cholesterol LDL and rise good cholesterol HDL , what improves heart health and lowes the risk of cardiovascular diseasses.
4. Protection against neurodegenerative diseasses: Some studies suggest that resveratrol can protect brain cells from Alzheimer or Parkinson.
5. Anti-ageing potential: The resveratrol can provide anti-ageing efects to our body, activating proteins that can extend cell life and prevent from early ageing .